Friday, August 27, 2010

Artsy Fartsy



For those of you who have never been to Israel, you should know that it really is a beautiful space. The land itself exudes this natural beauty that can't be seen anywhere else, but that's not what I'm talking about today. I'm talking about the actual hand-drawn art that can be seen in the streets of this country. For instance, most of the electrical panels that are found outside people's homes are painted with beautiful imagery. I never saw anything like this living in California and people around these parts probably think I'm strange but every time I pass by an electrical panel I have to stop and look at the graceful painting on it. Seeing these paintings makes living in a town with no movie theatre or mall slightly less painful.
Aside from these electrical panels, there's this little sitting area right up the street from where I'm staying and it's utterly beautiful. Th
ese cement benches are covered with shattered tiles that create an image of birds and flowers.
It kind of looks like it belongs somewhere in Venice beach but don't be fooled, the nearest body of water is about an hour and a half away. This charming little space is surrounded by dry, scorched land. A simple glance over the fence reminds me that the people living in the homes below aren't exactly Israeli's biggest fans.
Nevertheless, I'm slowly getting the hang of living in this rather rural part of Israel. I feel like I get the best of both worlds because I go to school in tumultuous Tel Aviv and rest my head at night in airy Ariel.

TTFN XX




6 comments:

  1. awww sis...I really miss you. & you are right hair is king

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl these pics are beautiful i love the art, I'm glad your learning and discovering new things about Israel some day i shall go and see for myself!

    So i miss you so much, i finally started a blog about how im handling things these days and how I've been feeling the days have been a bit rough but im hanging on, haven't had much strength to do my nails so that is why i haven't posted any! But as soon as i feel better and my nails grow lol ill come up with something crazy!

    well take care missing u so very much

    kisses and hugs from Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, i miss you too! i always think about you when i do my nails! send me the link to your blog, i wanna know what's going on with you! my life doesn't feel the same without you :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://kpatricia19-inhale-exhale.blogspot.com/

    Hey girl i miss you too so much, i have missed u terribly specially right now that my mood changes by the hour lol, but there's the link to my blog im going to try to post more often although i have been so stressed out about all of this but knowing that i have friends like you makes me feel so good.

    p.s
    ill be sending you something by mail soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep yo head up, gurrl!
    oh yeah, i moved tho so i'll send you my new address sometime soon haha

    ReplyDelete