Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Start of a Hairy Journey

My name's Liat and I will be moving to Israel in 3 days to follow my dream of becoming the greatest hair dresser in the Universe. I just graduated from Cal State University, Northridge with my Bachelor's Degree in Family and Consumer Sciences. Quite a stretch one might say, but I can't help it. I want to do hair and I want to be the best. Well, that's why I'm going to Israel after all. I will be attending an amazing hair school (imo) located in Tel Aviv called Shuki Zikri.
I am originally from Israel but I moved to California with my family when I was a year old. Now my sister lives in Israel and is about to give birth to her second child so I figured this would be the perfect chance to show the world what I can do with hair while offering babysitting services to my wonderful sister.
This very blog will chronicle the time that I spend in Israel, what the people are like, what I'm learning and how living in an entirely new country is effecting me.
If anyone is actually reading this, I would love to hear about your dreams and what you're doing to follow those dreams!

TTFN XX

5 comments:

  1. I'm reading this! As always i love your writing I can literally see you saying what you have written well for once I'm going to miss you so much but can't wait till we start writing to each other, that will be supper cool.

    As to following dreams i can honestly say that these couple of day's have given me a lot to think about there are so many things I want to do with my life but I'm going to start brain storming my priorities and finding ways to achieve them so I will definitely keep you posted.

    Regarding your trip i wish you nothing but the best hope u have the time of your life and I want to hear everything about your new adventures and experiences.

    And as soon as you know let me know your address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brain storming is key! and you really gotta pick the right time to go after certain things. Because depending on how long it'll take you to accomplish something, you might wanna wait on it. For me, I knew that I wanted to get my Bachelor's degree before i pursued hair.

    Thank you so much Karla, you're so effing crafty, you should open an art gallery.

    I'll keep you posted about my address! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly what i intent to do!

    I have a few things in mind for instance i enjoy working with children so I'm thinking something around those lines. But to be honest right now i have realized a lot of things (to be specific) my health right now is really poor.

    i'm still under blood pressure medication and it has affected me tremendously i have been able to handle my depression and anxiety through changing my eating habits. It has practically taken me my whole life to realize how important our body's health is. Therefore i want to try and become a nutritionist i wouldn't only benefit myself but also help others with similar problems like mine.

    With all that said right now I'm trying my hardest to get in shape by exercising and eating right so that is my main priority right now!

    P.S
    ha ha ha i know im going to make a collage shop lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thumbs up to the collage shop! and yes, health is def. important. and if you're interested, they have a great food science program under my major (FCS) as CSUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS LOL! Really i will def check out the food science program!

    ReplyDelete