Sunday, October 24, 2010

Did You Say Sizzurp? No, I Said Scissors!


So they won't make you fly like a G6 but they sure will make you look fly! That's right lovely readers, I am now the proud owner of my first pair of professional hair-cutting scissors. Although I've been attending the hair academy for 2 months, I didn't receive my scissors until today because scissors must be earned. The first two months emphasized the foundation of doing hair because as we know, a building is built from the ground up, not the other way around. Now that I know and understand the basis of doing hair, the details that surround the hair world, I can now become more familiar with my scissors. I'm actually glad I didn't get the scissors right off the bat because now I appreciate them so much more.

Now that our class has received our scissors, we will slowly be moving into the salon. There is a salon attached to our school in which all the the students will practice everything they learn. It is a fully working salon with real clients and real hair. I'm tremendously excited for what's to come and I hope that I can rise to the occasion even though I know I'll be very nervous. But nerves just make everything more interesting, right?! And anyway, I won't be doing this alone, I've got my handsome pair of scissors now ;-)

These scissors will take me to some beautiful places if I let them. It's all up to me now. I haven't decided what to name my scissors yet (yes, I will be naming them), but I'm definitely open to suggestions!

TTFN XX

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW SCISSORS! and cheers to the new duo lol! I can't wait to hear what you name your scissors. "Make it work"

    ReplyDelete